Crystal has helped me a lot as a leader...
Even though I've personally been looking at the product for more than 4 years, it is only recently that I've been able to get a full visual of my entire team's personality.
And now we're giving one of these reports away to every manager for free.
Here's what our team's Group Report looks like:
From this, I can see that:
- We're loaded with D-types: assertive people who like to shape and change things.
- We don't have many S-types or C-types: more reserved people who prefer to stabilize and organize things.
From my own experience, I can tell you how this plays out. We sometimes change things too fast, we challenge each other frequently, and ultimately we value action.
The report also gives more insights into these strengths and potential blind spots:
Furthermore, I can view how each individual person relates to the team as a whole (and then I can create a separate, even deeper Group Fit report if I want to):
I typically use this as a reference to understand where my team's culture will naturally settle, and also to remind myself where we may experience imbalances.
As a practical tool, the report has value for:
- Understanding the types of personalities that I may want to hire, in order to bring more balance.
- Understanding who may feel stressed if the team drifts too far towards one personality.
- Learn the best way to communicate to the team as a whole.
To create a Group Report for your team, go the reports page in your dashboard and click "Help several people work together - Group Report".
As of this week, your first report is free. Let us know if you need any help getting started.